UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor razq
Visitor

Zynq PS-PL Debug Breakpoint to FPGA Signal

What is the best way to get a signal, indicating CPU is halted by breakpoint, watcher, etc, into the PL side. The idea is that I have a custom producer IP core that needs to be paused when CPU is at breakpoint. For Microblaze I've read there is a debug core with MB_Halted Signal but not sure how its counterpart in Zynq can be implemented.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Zynq PS-PL Debug Breakpoint to FPGA Signal

I tend to avoid debugging for a number of reasons. Can't you have your debug in run time (LEDs, output to serial...)?
0 Kudos
Visitor razq
Visitor

Re: Zynq PS-PL Debug Breakpoint to FPGA Signal

I am however not at the moment interested at the pin's debug output, what I basically want to do for example is to pause the operation of some PL cores, when the CPU is being held at a breakpoint (e.g. using the SDK or Lauterbach). The situation is that when the Software side is at a breakpoint, the 'producer' core is still running. Hence I want to have a signal in the PL side that I can use to pause those cores. How to get this signal in the Zynq PS-PL interface is what I am looking for on how to implement if it's possible.

0 Kudos