UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie m.naserddin

Zynq PS Performance Counters Clock Source

Hello Everybody,

i use the PMU-Unit on the ZedBoard with Counter 0 to measure Execution Time in CPU-Cycles. I see (in ug585-Zynq-7000-TRM.pdf site 686) that PS-Components have several Clocks. My Question is, which clock is the Source for the PMU-Counters.

thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Zynq PS Performance Counters Clock Source

Hi,

PMU counters in APU  is clocked by 1/2 of cpu6x4x full clock i.e. cpu3x2x.

Regards

Praveen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor onion0709
Visitor

Hi, Praveen
Would you explain that what's meaning of notations like cpu6x4x and cpu3x2x, what do the numbers 6, 4, 3, 2 represent for?
thank you.
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PS has four separate cpu clocks CPU_6x4x, CPU_3x2x, CPU_2x, and CPU_1x. These four clocks are named according to frequencies in terms of ratios 6:3:2:1 or 4:2:2:1 (i.e. 6:2:1 or 4:2:1). 

For example: in the 6:2:1 mode, the frequency of the CPU_6x4x clock is 6 times as fast as the CPU_1x clock whereas in the 4:2:1 mode, CPU_6x4x clock is 4 times of CPU_1x clock.

For more details please refer to section 25.2 in ug 585 Zynq TRM.

Regards

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor vibishna
Visitor

Can we find a linux SYSFS entry for the clock configuration?

0 Kudos