UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer liuzq71
Observer

can i disable the DLMB/ILMB?

In Vivado 2016.2,

my board design is as the picture below,

无标题.png

,Microblaze is connected to BRAM through DLMB/ILMB pins,so it will run the instructions located in BRAM, but i would like to Microblaze to run codes  on DDR,How can i do?thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: can i disable the DLMB/ILMB?

the microblaze will fetch the instruction from the memory address set in the base vector in the microblaze configuration in ipi upon exiting reset.

So, for your use case, you would need to change the base vector to your ddr. You would also need to hold the microblaze in reset until your ddr was calibrated.

You can enable the discrete signals in the microblaze, and set the reset-mode to 01,and connect the wake up to the Calib done from DDR.

I covered the concept in the wiki here, albeit I used the PS DDR on zynq. However, the idea is still the same.

Also, you will see a drop in performance from LMB to DDR
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer liuzq71
Observer

Re: can i disable the DLMB/ILMB?

thanks for your kindly reply.

In your designs here there is no LMB connected to Microblaze ,and my designs have,my problem is that if there is a LMB connected to Microblaze ,could Microblaze execute application located in DDR?how i must to do ?thanks

0 Kudos