UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

custom axi ip with microblaze

Jump to solution

I am following this AR to make a microblaze design with a custom axi IP: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56609.html

What's somewhat confusing is how to use the generated wrapper. Is it a good idea to ask for a "copy generated wrapper to allow user edits" ? or is it better to "let vivado manage wrapper ..." and add another top level which instantiates the wrapper and the custom ip while propagating the board level signals.

Any comments on this flow would be appreciated.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: custom axi ip with microblaze

Jump to solution

Hi

The option let vivado manage wrapper will automatically update the HDL as it is being generated.

Whereas other option "copy generated wrapper to allow user edits" will just copyt the file and will not update during HDL

I usually use let vivado manage wrapper

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

The option let vivado manage wrapper will automatically update the HDL as it is being generated.

Whereas other option "copy generated wrapper to allow user edits" will just copyt the file and will not update during HDL

I usually use let vivado manage wrapper

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
I ended up making the extra axi ports external and instantiated the wrapper at a new top level which uses some of the ports and forwards the rest to top.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos