UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

dma init issue

so i create a dma_engine in XPS scatter mode enable, also enable mm2s/s2mm channe, tied those channel into loopback.  run the planahead to generate a bit file then export to SDK.

when i run the code through SDK->lunch on hardware, the sdk init the PS7, UART seem to work, but it hang during init DMA part

I'm using xilinx example code xaxidma_example_sg_poll.c,   it seem i'm stuck/hang at Xaxidma_cfginitialize function.

also when i open chipscope i didn't see my axi monitor.  is it possible that when sdk config the PS7, its using the default, not my version of PS7, therefore there is no DMA in it?  

any help on how to run/test dma after xps setup would be nice.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: dma init issue

This might be helpful:
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processors-and/zynq-axi-dma-core-busy/td-p/315689

You could easily verify which ps7_init is being used by looking in the run/debug configurations.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos