UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

how to send data from ps to pl with 250 msps?

hello everyone,

I am trying to send data from ps to pl to run the DAC which runs at 250 MSPS. I tried axi gpio but it is giving output at very slow speed.

which method should I try for sending data from ps to pl with 250 MSPS, please give me any reference application note example.

thanks in advance

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: how to send data from ps to pl with 250 msps?

Hi @amitlwaghmare,

The Below are the PS-PL interfaces.

ps_pl_interfaces.PNG

As per my understanding you need a Master in PS which sends the data to the PL at 250 MSPS. If I understood correct then you can you the AXI GP master port to transfer the data from PS to PL.

the AXI Master GP port transfers the data at 600MB/s

axi_gp.PNG

Here is one Xapp https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1183-zynq-xadc-axi.pdf

this xapp is not what you are looking for, but it explains a way to use the GP port.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@savula thanks for your reply, 

In my application, I want to send data to the DAC with 250 MSPS.  Data for the DAC is continuously changing. 

form PL, I successfully ran the Dac. but now I want to send the data form ps to the DAC. how to do this?

I tried transfer-data-from-ps-to-pl-through-the-dma-simple-dma-with-custom-ip/ this type of design for data transfer . but I didn't understand how to send data continuously through DMA.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @amitlwaghmare,

I think you are in right direction. from the tutorial what I understood is sending data from the PS to DMA and then the custom IP reading the data from the DMA and sending it to LED port. if you see the SDK application  streamEXampleSimpleDMA.c mentioned in the tutorial, increase the max_pkt_len to any required number (how many number of bytes you want to send in single transfer)

dma.PNG

dma.PNG 

after that load your DAC samples in the buffer as shown below:load_val.PNG

Change the custom IP with your own IP which will read the data from the DMA and sends the data to DAC.

now in SDK write the data continuously to the DMA the that data will be read from DMA and sent to DAC using the Custom IP.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@savula thanks for the reply,

I had done this tutorial for my data transfer but now I want to see the data on ILA, to understand at which rate data is coming from the PS. how can I see this?

what is the relation between the fclk_clk0 and the rate at which data is coming out from my custom IP?

dma_custom_ip.JPG

Regards,
Amit 

0 Kudos
Participant fincs
Participant

>data is coming from the PS. how can I see this?

Data from PS is on the bus MM2S, inteface Axi-Stream

0 Kudos