UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant tayres
Participant

this peripheral is limited to a fixed base address

I ran into this error message:

"This peripheral is limited to a fixed base Address of 0x00000000 [512M]. The LSBs of its assigned address must match this base offset. 0x80000000 [512M] violates this restriction. Choose an offset whose LSBs match 0x00000000."

I am trying to map an AXI Fifo into the HP ports so I could write to DDR; based on the Zynq TRM, OCM can be in one of several addresses after reconfiguration (iirc, you have to remap the OCM to get a contiguous OCM address range).

Why can't I remap this peripheral to any of the DDR memory addresses? I think there's something going on here I am missing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: this peripheral is limited to a fixed base address

hi,

just to understand your system a little bit more, why do you have a data fifo between HP interface and S_AXI interface?

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant tayres
Participant

This was just a test; the rest of the system is empty (for now). In the final system I'd like to read from the DDR memory into a FIFO, and have the FIFO issue a request for more data when it has available space, as it is a video pipeline.

To do that I was going to hack apart the AXI Fifo Generator core to give it a native interface on one side and AXI on the other, and add some control logic.

It looked like the Virtual FIFO controller does something similar, but I don't understand how it is setup (yet).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor trjeppsdl
Visitor

I'm seeing this same error as well. I'm following the CDMA example design shown in chapter 5 of UG1165.

I have an AXI CDMA block attached to the AXI_HP0 and AXI_HP2 ports on my PS via an interconect (see attached). Per the example, I want to have two 256MB buffers in DDR accessible to the CDMA block, located at 0x2000_0000 and 0x3000_0000, respectively. Placing HP2 at 0x3000_0000 violates this 512MB boundary rule (see attached), and I would very much like more control of my address choice than that.

Any suggestions?

CDMA.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor trjeppsdl
Visitor

Forgot to attach second image.

Error.PNG
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is there anybody who got solved this problem?

I have a same problem during designing to test CDMA.

UG1165 tutorial seems working but, I cannot assign address like 0x1000_0000, 0x2000_0000, or 0x3000_0000.

Is the tutorial wrong? or Vivado's bugs?

0 Kudos
Newbie willfriends

Hi, tayres.

I was suffered from same issue.

In my case, I modify the DDR Configuration in ZYNQ7 Processing System Block.

I fristly use the Xc7z020clg484-1 preset, at the first made project.

I did not recognize the difference between Xc7z020clg484-1 and ZYNQ 7 EVM board preset.

but, I can find the difference of the DDR Configuration between Xc7z020clg484-1 and ZYNQ 7 EVM board preset by comparing one by one.

I hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards.

DDR_conf.png
0 Kudos