Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

zc702 : How to configure VADJ voltage

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need some guidance on how can I configure VADJ voltage on zc702 board. I have read the 'ug850-zc702-eval-bd.pdf' user guide and some other data sheet. In which it is mentioned that by default VADJ voltage is configured as 2.5V in zc702 board. Now I want to connect my chip on the zc702 board using FMC connector. And it required 1.8V as an input. So I need to configure VADJ voltage from 2.5V to 1.8V.

So what would I like to know is

• Is there any tool from which I can configure the VADJ voltage.
  • Or I have to programme the code and download it.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: zc702 : How to configure VADJ voltage

Jump to solution

The easiest way is to use a TI USB interface adapter and TI's Fusion Digital Power Designer tool:

http://www.ti.com/tool/usb-to-gpio

http://www.ti.com/tool/fusion_digital_power_designer

The connector on the ZC702 board can be on the top or bottom side depending on what board revision you have.

After opening the tool, Vadj can be set by modifying Vout on UCD9248@53, rail #1. The fault, warn and margin values are adjusted automatically. On the left side in the Configure pane, click "Write to Hardware" to apply your changes and "Store RAM to Flash" if you want to store them permanently (otherwise you'll lose them after the next power cycle).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The easiest way is to use a TI USB interface adapter and TI's Fusion Digital Power Designer tool:

http://www.ti.com/tool/usb-to-gpio

http://www.ti.com/tool/fusion_digital_power_designer

The connector on the ZC702 board can be on the top or bottom side depending on what board revision you have.

After opening the tool, Vadj can be set by modifying Vout on UCD9248@53, rail #1. The fault, warn and margin values are adjusted automatically. On the left side in the Configure pane, click "Write to Hardware" to apply your changes and "Store RAM to Flash" if you want to store them permanently (otherwise you'll lose them after the next power cycle).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have gone through the link that you have suggested me. And it seems very useful to me. And I have some query regarding interface between host and zc702 board.

Above it is mentioned that I need to have TI USB interface adapter for configuring the VADJ voltage. Now what I underastand is that the function of TI USB interface adapter is to convet from the USB to i2c. And I have one Aardvark USB interface adapter(http://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark_i2cspi/) which does the same. So is it recommended to use it or I need to have TI USB interface adapter.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I'm almost certain that you will have to use the TI adapter in combination with their software.

You're right, in essence you're just sending I2C commands to the TI power controllers and you could even use the PS I2C controller to configure the TI controllers. You will have to study the PMBUS protocol which is essentially I2C and the TI controller's manual.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

As we have no TI USB adapter, we are planning to use PS I2C controller to configure the TI ucd9248 controller. So is there any PMBus application is available to refer from xilinx or any?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please look at http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54022.htm

It includes a discount code for the TI adapter.

I don't think we have any application code released publicly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks you very much. You have really solved my problem so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I bought/got a TI USB interface adapter and TI's Fusion Digital Power Designer tool has been installed. However I can not find a xml script for the UCD9248. Even on the TI website I can not find a set of xml files. Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Texas Instruments Fusion Digital Power Manufacturing Tool\Factory\Scripts" is empty.

Who can help me to find the script?

Regards, Erik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution
I have a PL design which exposes some VIO registers which I use to program the SMBUS 9248 devices on my KC705 board. It is not very easy to use as you need to know which registers to poke to change the voltages etc. It wasn't very difficult to do but still took around 2 days to get running correctly.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion that it will take more work. Could you provide me the xml file? Or point me what the proper URL/webpage is to get the script?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

I have discovered that there are 2 software tools available at Texas Instruments: Fusion Digital Power Design and Fusion Digital Power Manufactuering tool. I was using the latest which is not the proper one.

With the Design tool, I am able to modify only the Vout value on rail4 of device 52dec to 3.3V for the Xilinx KC705 board, all other parameters are automatically adapted. Next step was to press the buttons in a sequence: Write to Hardware, Store RAM to Flash. That's all.

It holds also for the Xilinx ZC702 but the device address is 53dec and its rail 1 is connected to the VADJ.

You need an USB Interface adapter from TI to make programming possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi, I've bought the ZC702 EVK, I need to re-program the VADJ to 3.3V but I'm not able to find the discount code needed to get the Ti USB Adapter for free. Could you help me?
Thank you.
0 Kudos