cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDAccel Emulation-HW: application hangs on s_axi_control write transaction

Hi,
I was using waveform for Kernel Debugging in Emulation-HW mode, and found the host app continues issuing write transaction to s_axi_control interface until it hits the write address = 0x354.
(1) The awvalid signal has been pulled high, but wvalid signal remains low. The s_axi_control interface has no action since then, I think the runtime of my my waveform is long enough, ~450us. Owing to it, the s_axi_control bus hangs, and I could not see ap_start pulse. I have no idea why this happens.
(2) In our kernel.xml, we have defined 68 arguments for our kernel. Some are bonded with s_axi_control port, with address 4bytes aligned, while others are bonded with m00_axi port, with address 8-bytes aligned.

(3) In the above design, there are 2 processing units, with 34x2 configuration registers inside kernel.xml and settings for 34x2 kernel arguments in host.cpp. But when I modify kernel.xml and host.cpp just for 1 processing unit, the simulation pass. I thought there might be error in software. But I am not so sure about it.

(4) Below are my kernel.xml for 2 processing units

top.PNGbottom.PNG

(5) This is our waveform snipshot.

dpu.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Is there anybody can help me to address this issue ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, @y18810459972 ,

Have you tried the design in SDx 2018.3?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos