UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Petalinux+SDSoC version plans

Highlighted
Visitor

Petalinux+SDSoC version plans

Looking at ug1146, I see that we are expected to use petalinux 2016.3 to make our platforms for sdsoc 2016.4. I've decided to skip creating official release platforms for SDSoC 2016.4, and just wait for the SDSoC 2017.1 release. In preparation for that, I would like to know if you have any idea what version of petalinux SDSoC 2017.1 will be tied to. I tried to create a platform for SDSoC 2016.4 using Petalinux 2016.4 and ran into some runtime issues, so I'm expecting that something will need fixing in order to get past petalinux 2016.3. Admittedly, this could have been a problem I introduced on my side, considering that 2016.4 is significantly different and I'm not used to it.

The reason I want to know is that I will need to start updating our petalinux platforms pronto if we are going to need them to be newer than petalinux 2016.3. This is because, as you know, the leap from 2016.3 to 2016.4 has significant implications on project structure, etc., and I need time to spin up on them.

--SamB