UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant christian.moncada
Participant

Application does not start after FSBL in Standalone SD boot

I have an application on a custom platform in SDSoC. I am able to build the application and bitstream, and when I load it on the SD card of my board and boot, I see the FSBL print a message over UART and my FPGA programming 'done' LEDs signal success. However, I don't see any output from my application. I have a print message at the very start so that I know if it begins, and I am not seeing it being displayed. Where should I look for the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Application does not start after FSBL in Standalone SD boot

Hi @christian.moncada,

You may want to connect System debugger in attach to running target mode, and check which code the processor is executing. Please see https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_3/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_tcf_attach_debug_linux_kernel_tcf.html?hl=attach%2Crunning%2Ctarget for an example

You may have to add both fsbl.elf and app.elf as symbol files, to get a proper source view

0 Kudos