cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

CHaiDNN-v2 error: ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

Hi guys, 

Do you know why I'm having these 2 errors?

How can I solve them?

I've followed the "Creating SDx GUI Project" guide.

ERROR: Linking globals named 'clock_start': symbol multiply defined!

C:\CHaiDNN\CHaiDNN_v2\Release>exit /b 1 
ERROR: [SdsCompiler 83-5019] Exiting sds++ : Error when calling 'C:/Xilinx/SDx/2018.2/bin/llvm-link -o C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/sds_all.o C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/caffe.pb.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/caffe_network_parser.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xgraph.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xi_funcs.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xtract_opt.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/xtract/xtract_utility.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_crop.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_fc_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_format_converter_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_nms_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_norm_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_permute_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/swkernels/xi_swsoftmax_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_perf_eval.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_scheduler.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_thread_routines.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/scheduler/xi_utils.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/interface/xi_interface.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/interface/xi_readwrite_util.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/init/xi_init.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/include/xchange_structs.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/imageread/xi_input_image.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/example/googlenet_ex.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/custom/custom_class.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/common/kernelinfo_class.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/common/xi_kernels.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/checkers/checkers.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/software/bufmgmt/xi_buf_mgmt.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/wrapper/dnn_wrapper.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/pool/src/pooling_layer_dp_2xio_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/deconv/src/xi_deconv_top.s C:/CHaiDNN/CHaiDNN_v2/Release/_sds/.llvm/./src/design/conv/src/xi_convolution_top.s'

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kardec,

We are looking into this issue. We have identified the problem and expecting it to be resolved soon.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kardec,

The issue has been fixed and pushed to master. Pull the latest from GitHub.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Yes, I've seen that.

I'm building the project with that modification right now, but it takes a lot of time to finish the build.

Is there any way that I can speed up the compilation process?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@kardec

You may need to run hardware builds probably on a better machine with larger RAM and faster CPU to reduce build time. 

I don't think there is any other way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos