UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Interface error with xfopencv example on Zybo

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Interface error with xfopencv example on Zybo

Hello,

I am attempting to build one of the xfopencv examples (box filter) ported for use on a zybo board in SDx. I am using SDx version 2017.2 on Windows 10 64 bit. I'm following the guide located here: https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2017_2/sdsoc_doc/topics/xfopencv-overview/t_using_file_io_samples_custom.html

I can compile the software-only application fine, but when I toggle the accelerator into HW I am getting the following build error:

ERROR: [DMAnalysis 83-4432] Interface type of port p_src_data_V_q0 of accelerator boxfilter_accel not supported!

I'm using the standard Zybo platform definition that comes pre-packaged with SDx. 

The interface summary for the accelerator is defined as:

interface_summary.PNG

I'm wondering what might not be supported about this port? It seems like something that might be solvable with a #pragma (HLS resource maybe?) but I'm not sure what exactly to define.

Build log with the error is attached.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Participant

Re: Interface error with xfopencv example on Zybo

Hi,

ap_memory ports are not supported in SDSoC. SDSoC supports:

ap_none
ovld
BRAM
FIFO
AXIS
M_AXI

You might have to use a zero_copy pragma to get an M_AXI interface for your port.

Sam

View solution in original post

All Replies
Participant

Hi,

ap_memory ports are not supported in SDSoC. SDSoC supports:

ap_none
ovld
BRAM
FIFO
AXIS
M_AXI

You might have to use a zero_copy pragma to get an M_AXI interface for your port.

Sam
Visitor

That was exactly it - thank you!!