11-15-2017 10:08 PM
Hi, I am trying to run a sdsoc application on zedboard with ubuntu 16.04, And when i try to execute the .elf , it shows
"ERROR: unable to open xlnk".
There steps are i have done:
1. i first download the img file form koheron (https://www.koheron.com/software-development-kit/documentation/ubuntu-zynq/), it looks like a ubuntu for zedboard. and burn to the sd card.
2. I create a sdsoc project for zedboard and target to linux ,and i unchecked the "generate sd" option. and build it .
3. i got two files called app6.elf and app6.elf.bit. and copy it to the sd card i already made for the zedboard, put it into the /home.
4. i executed cat ./app6.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg and the leds on zedboard had a flash. The PL looks like programed.
5. And i execute the app6.elf, it shows "ERROR: unable to open xlnk"
Did i missing something ?
If i want to run the appliciton on ubuntu , do i need do something to config the kernel or install something like driver for the zedboard ?
I am newbie to sdsoc , sorry for stupid questions.
11-17-2017 10:26 AM
12-02-2017 01:23 AM
Thank you very much for your advices.
With a few days trying , I built a new kernel with XLNK drivers with it, and rootfs is ubuntu 16.04. ( I can found /dev/xlnk device and use cat xxxx.bit > /dev/xdevcfg can programe the PL. the done led on board will on.)
when i built a sdsoc linux application. and i get a app1.elf.bit file and app1.elf file.
I try to cat app1.elf.bit > /dev/xdevcfg successfully. but when i try to run app1.elf. the program will hang.
In my opinion. The sdsoc appliction have two parts. the pl code (bit file ) and the ps code (elf file) . I can run the ps code if i already load the pl code on the linux with apf driver. is that right ? and what may the problem is ?