UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor myay
Visitor

Zcu102 platform files for SDSoc

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a zcu102 evaluation kit and want to use SDSoC with it. I have installed the SDSoc Development Environment 2018.3 from here, and it works and builds as expected for the introductory examples in the tutorials when choosing the zc702 platform.

However, the zcu102 platform files are missing in my installation. I have looked in the Xilinx/SDx/2018.3/platforms folder, and there is no folder called zcu102. I searched and found some platform files on reVISION getting started guide (zcu102-rv-ss-2018-3.zip), and I tried adding the platform files manually by copying them into the platforms folder. But selecting the platform "zcu102_rv_ss" in SDx and compiling the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example gives me errors, which I added to the post.

Can you please provide me with the correct zcu102 platform files ? I am currently installing the 2017.4 version of SDSoC, hoping to find the platform files there preinstalled.

Best,

Mikail

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Zcu102 platform files for SDSoc

Jump to solution

The message you have suggests you don't have the part installed: xczu9eg

You also have Webpack installed which doesn't include those parts:

18_3.PNG

When you purchased the ZCU102 board, it likely came with a device locked license. Check that you are using that.

lic.PNG

And if you install the tool, you don't do the webpack base install. It could be that you have a license that can let the part be used, but you didn't install Design Edition for 2018.3 so the parts are not there for you to use.

8 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

It looks like it should be there per UG 1294: https://china.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1294-sdsoc-rnil.pdf

SDSoC Hardware Requirements The 2018.3 SDSoC™ environment release includes support for the following development boards: • ZC702, ZC706, and ZedBoard development boards featuring the Zynq®-7000 SoC • ZCU102, ZCU104, and ZCU106 development board featuring the Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoc

One thing to check is when you installed, what version did you choose, and what options? The installer doesn't necessarily install all the devices and boards depending what is selected.

If that is the case go to your install dir and look for xsetup:

C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2018.2\xsetup.exe

This will let you update the install:

INSTALLER.PNG

Make sure you have all the ZYNC devices you want installed. If not, download them, restart everything, and hopefully it should show up.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @myay

Yes, I agree with @evant_nq

Regarding the error, for mmult_add example, we need generic zcu102 platform. If you select reVISION platform, do not copy the files manually, instead when you select the platform, click on add platform option and select zcu102_rv_ss folder which is inside the revision folder

platform_select.PNG  

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Visitor myay
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you @evant_nq for your reply. For the installation (I use Ubuntu 16.04) I have selected the Zynq Ultrascale+ as well. I opened the xsetup binary in Xilinx/Downloads/SDx_2018.3/ and added the screenshot below, please take a look. To me it looks like I selected them correctly, the zcu104 and zcu106 platform files are present as well. Just the zcu102 platform files are missing.

VivadoScreenshot.png

I also downloaded and installed the 2017.4 SDSoC environment, which has the zcu102 platform files preinstalled. Building the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example with the 2017.4 SDSoC with the zcu102 platform selected works, I do not get an error.

Maybe it has to do with the (limited support) after MPSoC in the image ?

@nutangthank you for your suggestion. Since the 2017.4 SDSoC installation contains the zcu102 files, I copied them from the platforms folder of the 2017.4 installation into a different folder (not into the platforms folder in the installation). I then used the "+" symbol during the platform selection step to select the zcu102 platform. Then I tried compiling the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example again, but I get the following error, please take a look at the appended file. It says "ERROR: [HLS 200-70] Part 'xczu9eg' is not installed."

0 Kudos
Visitor myay
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you @evant_nq for your reply. For the installation (I use Ubuntu 16.04) I have selected the Zynq Ultrascale+ as well. I opened the xsetup binary in Xilinx/Downloads/SDx_2018.3/ and added the screenshot below, please take a look. To me it looks like I selected them correctly, the zcu104 and zcu106 platform files are present as well. Just the zcu102 platform files are missing.

VivadoScreenshot.png

I also downloaded and installed the 2017.4 SDSoC environment, which has the zcu102 platform files preinstalled. Building the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example with the 2017.4 SDSoC with the zcu102 platform selected works, I do not get an error. So to me it looks like the problem has to do with the 2018.3 version of SDSoC. And maybe it also has to do with the (limited support) after MPSoC in the image ?

Thank you @nutang for your suggestion. Since the 2017.4 SDSoC installation contains the zcu102 files, I copied them from the platforms folder of the 2017.4 installation into a different folder (not into the platforms folder in the 2018.3 installation). Then with the 2018.3 SDSoC, I used the "+" symbol during the platform selection step to select the zcu102 platform. Then I tried compiling the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example again, but I get the following error, please take a look at the appended file. It says "ERROR: [HLS 200-70] Part 'xczu9eg' is not installed." The same compilation error message occurs when trying the same procedure selecting the zcu102_rv_ss platform folder during platform selection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

The message you have suggests you don't have the part installed: xczu9eg

You also have Webpack installed which doesn't include those parts:

18_3.PNG

When you purchased the ZCU102 board, it likely came with a device locked license. Check that you are using that.

lic.PNG

And if you install the tool, you don't do the webpack base install. It could be that you have a license that can let the part be used, but you didn't install Design Edition for 2018.3 so the parts are not there for you to use.

Visitor myay
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you @evant_nq, the problem was that I installed the webPACK and not the full version. In the full version the zcu102 platform files are present and I can compile the Matrix Multiplication and Addition example without any problems.

Another question about the licenses:

The product page of the zcu102 says that the zcu102 evaluation kit comes with access to SDSoC, just like the Vivado design suite. I have redeemed the voucher and downloaded the license. It says that the SDSoC tool's licence expires in 60 days. The xczu9eg platform seems to expire in 60 days as well, see the images below. Is this correct for the SDSoC ? To me, on the product page, it sounds like there is the same permanent access just like for the Vivado design suite. And why does the use of the xczu9eg platform expire, does it have to do with SDSoC expiring ? 

SDSoC: 

sdsocQ1crop.png

xczu9eg:

Q2cropped.png

Vivado design suite:

vivvcropped.png

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi myay.

Check what you downloaded from the licensing site. Sometimes you might have Eval licenses too sitting there. So you might have downloaded an Eval. It's possible the device locked license is an Eval as well with a experation date, but it didn't list it in on the webpage as far as I can tell to suggest that is the case.

For example, if i go into my licensing site:

Capture.PNG

I can download a 60 day eval for SDSOC.Confirm you did generate a lic with the voucher. If you added it but didn't download it, it should still be somehwere on the Licensing site

Visitor myay
Visitor

Jump to solution

It seems like "access to SDSoC/Vivado..." means access with evaluation licenses, it is called evaluation kit after all.

The licenses I use currently:

licenses1Cropped.png

And the ones that I can still generate:

licenses2Cropped.png

Anyway, thank you for your replies, I appreciate it, they were very helpful.

0 Kudos