Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

GTH TX to 75 Ohm coaxial cable @12Gbps

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a solution to interface GTH Tx to 75 Ohm coaxial cables @12Gbps?  And similarly for the other direction.  Either using active devices or passive networks.  

I have tried SDI and CoaxPress 12G transceivers, but IBERT test does not work over them.  I suspect their built-in reclocker function is line encoding sensitive and rejects the pseudo random data used for IBERT test.  CoaxPress uses 8B/10B and SDI uses its own scrambling algo.  

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: GTH TX to 75 Ohm coaxial cable @12Gbps

Assuming your looking at SDI video ?

have you looked at the SDI video dirver / receivers ?

e.g.   LMH1219

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi John,

I had tried Macom and Semtech SDI 12G TX and RX ICs.  I could not get IBERT link up with them.  I am sure the Macom SDI hardware is working because I can send 12G SDI video over them.  I am surprised when I switch to IBERT I can't even get a link up.

Their datasheet mentioned it has built-in reclockers, so I suspect these ICs will detect for SDI standard's own line coding before turning on their outputs

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Do you have the macom parts with the built in eye checker ?

thats normaly a good start point,

provided the iBert is at the correct clock frequency, why should not the buffers work ? 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi John,

My intent is to use SDI transmitter and receivers to send non-SDI data and to convert GT differential signals to 75 Ohm coax signals.  So I use FPGA IBERT as a test to see if these transceivers allows non-SDI signals to pass through.

I believe besides frequency, SDI reclockers are actually line encoding sensitive.  I hope someone can confirm/refute this.

Regards,

Neo

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi wtneo@leica 

maybe you can check with Macom and Semtech to see if the PRBS pattern is allowed in the reclockers.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Boris,

Yeah working on that.  Meanwhile I am also asking if anyone knows of other solutions.

Regards,

Neo

0 Kudos