UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

GTWizard GTY example design for VCU118 not showing link status

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to create a serial link using GTY transcievers connected to the FMC+ connector on the. I am using the GTWizard example design and I am not able to see a link status in  IBERT. if I provide any value to a DRP parameter, it is not stable, it keeps fluctuating from "User Value" to the value which I provide.

Capture.PNG

I am running the hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in using an LVDS pair from the User_Si570_Clock_p/n on which is connected to bank 47 through pins H32 and G32 at a frequency of 250 MHz and my tranceiver reference clock is 125 MHz.The source of this clock is 104.9 and 104.10. I have used an IBUFDS and BUFG to use the differential clock.

Capture.PNG

I am trying to debug the cause of the link not being created. I have tried it for 28Gbps as well as 20Gbps.

My constraints are as follows:

UltraScale FPGAs Transceivers Wizard IP example design-level XDC file
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Location constraints for differential reference clock buffers
# Note: the IP core-level XDC constrains the transceiver channel data pin locations
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
set_property package_pin AN41 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y1_n]
set_property package_pin AN40 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y1_p]
set_property package_pin R41 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y8_n]
set_property package_pin R40 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y8_p]

# Location constraints for other example design top-level ports
# Note: uncomment the following set_property constraints and replace "<>" with appropriate pin locations for your board
set_property package_pin H32 [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in_p]
set_property iostandard LVDS [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in_p]

set_property package_pin G32 [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in_n]
set_property iostandard LVDS [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in_n]

set_property package_pin AK14 [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_all_in]
set_property iostandard LVCMOS18 [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_all_in]

set_property package_pin AK13 [get_ports link_down_latched_reset_in]
set_property iostandard LVCMOS18 [get_ports link_down_latched_reset_in]

set_property package_pin AM12 [get_ports link_status_out]
set_property iostandard LVCMOS18 [get_ports link_status_out]

set_property package_pin AM13 [get_ports link_down_latched_out]
set_property iostandard LVCMOS18 [get_ports link_down_latched_out]

# Clock constraints for clocks provided as inputs to the core
# Note: the IP core-level XDC constrains clocks produced by the core, which drive user clocks via helper blocks
create_clock -name clk_freerun -period 4.0 [get_ports hb_gtwiz_reset_clk_freerun_in_p]
create_clock -name clk_mgtrefclk0_x0y1_p -period 8.0 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y1_p]
create_clock -name clk_mgtrefclk0_x0y8_p -period 8.0 [get_ports mgtrefclk0_x0y8_p]

# False path constraints
set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *bit_synchronizer*inst/i_in_meta_reg}]
##set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_*_reg}]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*D} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_meta*}]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_meta*}]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_sync1*}]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_sync2*}]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_sync3*}]]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -filter {REF_PIN_NAME=~*PRE} -of_objects [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *reset_synchronizer*inst/rst_in_out*}]]

set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *gtwiz_userclk_tx_inst/*gtwiz_userclk_tx_active_*_reg}]
set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *gtwiz_userclk_rx_inst/*gtwiz_userclk_rx_active_*_reg}]

Also, I'm not sure whether I am programming the on -board clocks correctly using the VCU118 SCUI. Do these clocks correspond to SI53340/U104.9 and SI53340/U104.10?:

Capture.PNG

I'd apprciate any help/advice/comments.

Thanks,

Naved

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: GTWizard GTY example design for VCU118 not showing link status

Jump to solution

Hi jhua,

Thanks for your reply. The problem was that the input hb_gtwiz_reset_all_in was stuck to high as in the example design it is connected to a pin AK14 from the FMC connector instead of the FMC+ connector which I had been using.

Other than that, I did not know that In-System IBERT does not show the live BER and Errors like IBERT core. I was able to create eye scans after removing that reset.

Thanks,

alinave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The freerun clock and SCUI reading for Si570_1 (applies to your freerun clock) look fine.
What about the MGTREFCLKs which are sourced from FMC+. Is that valid on the board?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi jhua,

Thanks for your reply. The problem was that the input hb_gtwiz_reset_all_in was stuck to high as in the example design it is connected to a pin AK14 from the FMC connector instead of the FMC+ connector which I had been using.

Other than that, I did not know that In-System IBERT does not show the live BER and Errors like IBERT core. I was able to create eye scans after removing that reset.

Thanks,

alinave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos