Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

How to configure ultrascale kintex GTH CDR when dynamic change GTH data rate

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I want to dynamic change GTH data rate, but CDR configuration for different data rate is not figured out in ug576-ultrascale-gth-transceivers.pdf, Is there anybody know how to configure? 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The transceiver attributes are selected by the wizard at the time of IP customization. Only the default attributes chosen for the specific GT configuration are supported. Any manual tuning away from the wizard defaults is not supported. What this means is that, for any line rate that you plan to operate, you must generate the design xci from the wizard, and note down the attributes selected by the wizard. The whole attribute space contains many other settings in addition to just "CDR setting" that you mentioned. My recommendation for your application would be to try generating xci for every 5-10G line rate steps and see where the switching points are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You need to make a design for each speed and compare all attributes to see what needs to be changed through the DRP ports.  See https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Serial-Transceivers/Line-rate-modification/m-p/996037/highlight/true#M4835

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Actually, I want to configure any data rate GTH support, not a few data rate. So I need know how to set CDR configurations for diffrent frequency range. Did you know the settings for different frenquency range?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The transceiver attributes are selected by the wizard at the time of IP customization. Only the default attributes chosen for the specific GT configuration are supported. Any manual tuning away from the wizard defaults is not supported. What this means is that, for any line rate that you plan to operate, you must generate the design xci from the wizard, and note down the attributes selected by the wizard. The whole attribute space contains many other settings in addition to just "CDR setting" that you mentioned. My recommendation for your application would be to try generating xci for every 5-10G line rate steps and see where the switching points are.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

Though it is not really solved my problem. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos