UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBERT on VCU108

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate GTY transceivers between 2 VCU108 boards with the IBERT IP (I am using the QUAD126 with a Bullseye connector on both sides).

When I am working in differential, everything is OK.

But when I use them in single-ended-like scheme (only “_P” are connected), I have 2 kinds of figure:

1. When the “_N” are left floating, everything is OK.
  2. When a 50 Ohm adaptation is placed on each “_N”, it is NOK (channels are not even locking)

I tried 2 IBERT configurations and they are both giving these same results mentioned above. These configurations are:

1. Link Coupling : AC + programmable termination = 800 mV
  2. Link coupling : DC + floating termination

Correct me if I am wrong but there is no AC coupling on the VCU108 board right?

To be clear, my final goal is to make these links work with only the positive parts (“_P”). How could that be done?

Thank you for your guidance

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBERT on VCU108

Hello @ultrascaleaddict

XF_VCU108.png

>Correct me if I am wrong but there is no AC coupling on the VCU108 board right?

Your understanding is correct.

>To be clear, my final goal is to make these links work with only the positive parts (“_P”). How could that be done?

Xilinx Transceivers (including GTY) are designed and tested to work with differential connectivity configuration. There is no guarantee that GTY will work with single-ended configuration, channels will have less margin. I am wondering how the IBERT EyeScan diagram looks like on your board.

Please consider to use HP I/O bank instead for single-ended.

Thanks & regards
Leo

0 Kudos