UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dcw15
Visitor

IBERT only running at 1 speed regardless of values chosen.

I'm trying to test a GTP link on an artix-7 currently and cannot get any of the links I am working with to go higher than 0.625gbps, regardless of the values which i put in via the wizard. I have found if I open the properties of on of the links, I can manually change the output divider value which then will change the speed of the link, but this becomes unstable. 

Is there a reason why I am being limited to 0.625gbps regardless of the values I choose? Both system clk and refclk are 150MHz.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IBERT only running at 1 speed regardless of values chosen.

hello,

This is not expected. Sorry, I will make many questions trying to guide your debug.

• Is this an evaluation board or your own board?
  • have you tried to measure the REFCLK quality with an oscilloscope? Does the local oscillator meet the phase noise requirements?
  • Are all power rails correct and in range?
  • Are you testing a loopback or a cable connection? (or both)
  • is the PLL locked?
  • cables and connectors are good?
  • Have you tried a different design (not IBERT)?
  • Which Vivado release are you using? 
0 Kudos
Visitor dcw15
Visitor

Hi,

• This is our own board
  • I have no tried to measure this - will do so today, but having used the board for multiple months on other builds I doubt this will be the issue
  • Power rails definitely correct as mentioned have been using the board for other work
  • Have tested both internal feedback loop and an external loop
  • PLL is locked
  • All cables other than feedback loop are shopped. The feedback loop cable is of slightly lesser quality, but is confirmed to be working.
  • Have used many other builds on the board, but only now are looking to use GTP comms, had been using something else prior to this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

If the PCB was proven to work fine in the past I would

1) upgrade to 2018.3

2) make a simpler IBERT, with few (one or two) active channels

0 Kudos