cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vilashini
Visitor
Visitor

IBERT test in ZCU102

Is there any documentation for IBERT test in ZCU102 board?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Mohangadusu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Dear Vilashini,

The following link will help you out in testing the IBERT in ZCU102.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zcu102/2019_1/xtp430-zcu102-ibert-c-2019-1.pdf

Best regards,

MOHAN.

Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

I have followed the document till synthesis implementation. As per the document we should get tick mark after synthesis implementation. But for me it is running for more than 7-8 hours but still tick mark is not appearing. Will u help me?

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Am using Vivado 2019.2 version. I need to test SFP IBERT. So i have used Quad 230. But it is showing No link which I have attached in the document

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saravana1 ,

Are you observing any errors/warnings in Message window?
Check out the IBERT design, if it is working fine or not  -
https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/design-license.html?cid=a94723e1-738a-4a03-a120-ca2c0c48f231&filename=rdf0379-zcu102-ibert-c-2019-1.zip

Thanks,
Kuldeep 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

To test SFP IBERT in ZCU102 What should be the Clock settings, Protocol definition, etc..,?

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

• [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Top module not set for fileset 'sources_1'. Please ensure that a valid value is provided for 'top'. The value for 'top' can be set/changed using the 'Top Module Name' field under 'Project Settings', or using the 'set_property top' Tcl command (e.g. set_property top [current_fileset]).

When i open IBERT project am getting the above error

0 Kudos
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saravana1 ,

Verify if the top module is correctly selected and there should not be any "non module files".

Thanks,
Kuldeep

Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

In top module what should be?

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Now, IBERT is opening without any errors. Do  i need to do generate bitstream or directly connect to the hardware manager?

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Generating bitstream is taking too long time more than 5 hours am waiting for it

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Can anyone send me the bitstream file?

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Iam getting the link for all the four ports of SFP as in the figure attached but I have connected only one SFP port. Can anyone tell me why is that so?

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

I have connected one SFP. Link is not establishing in Far-end mode.

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Can anyone tell why the link is establishing in the nearend and not in far-end mode?

0 Kudos
eschidl
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saravana1 ,

In near end loopback you close the loop between the local TX and the local RX. And as IBERT is running locally as well it can decide if the link is up or not.

In far end loopback you close the loop between the far-end TX and the far-end RX, means the received data on the local RX are send out again on local TX. On the local side now you do not have any idea what is happening on the channel. This is controlled by the channel partner (far-end). A local IBERT could only show a link up if the far-end TX is sending the same kind of sequence that is selected locally in the GUI (the received data are passed into the local fabric as well). You would need an IBERT running on the far-end to decide if the link is up or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

To make IBERT work in far end what would I do? I have connected SFP to on the board. SFP has two ports(Tx and Rx) and I have done loopback

0 Kudos
eschidl
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saravana1 ,

when you do an external loopback with a SFP module you do not need to set any loopback in the IBERT GUI as you have already a loopback.

A setting of far-end loopback does not make any sense in this case.

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Ok If I didn't set any loopback in the IBERT GUI also it is not working. Why is that so?. It is working only in near end

0 Kudos
eschidl
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Saravana1 ,

check if your SFP module is working. Some modules might need an enable bit set to work. A passive electrical loopback module should work.

If that is not it and near-end PMA loopback works fine, it could be the TX driver settings or the channel itself as this is the only things added. You will need to debug further why that is.

See if an eye scan shows anything like an eye or if it is completely closed.

0 Kudos
Saravana1
Visitor
Visitor

Can we access Vivado GUI (BER ) through Python?

0 Kudos