UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lsbrg
Visitor

IBERT testing problem, please help

I am working on a project with 2 FPGAs. There are 32 pairs of GTH between these 2 FPGAs. I uses a crystal oscillator (LV7745DV-156.25M) to generate source clock and pass to an ADCLK854 to generate 12 pairs reference clocks for these GTHs. Every 2 Quad share a reference clock (156.25MHz). These reference clocks connect to MGTREFCLK* through a pair of 0.01u capacitor. FPGAs has a stable system clock at 128MHz as well. I generated 2 IBERT core each with 4 Quads. Linerate was set at 10GMHz, reference clock reference was set at 156.25MHz, system clock was set to 128MHz. When I loaded the ibert core's example projects into FPGA1 and FPGA2, the FPGA2's IBERT core showed PLL locked, but FPGA1's showed not. The FPGA2's IBERT core passed the near-end PMA test, but not pass the near-end PCS test. I had generated Aurora 64B66B cores of 2 Quads for these FPGAs, and the Aurora core showed the FPGA1's PLL locked, and the link up and channel up were high.

Summary: I cannot understand following problems:
1, why FPGA1's ibert core shows PLL not locked but the Aurora core showed PLL locked?
2, why FPGA2's ibert core cannot pass the near-end PCS test, as it is tested inside the FPGAs, it should not be impacted by the fact outside the FPGA?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: IBERT testing problem, please help

Are you using In-System_IBERT?  The regular IBERT design cannot be integrated into an aurora design.  

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: IBERT testing problem, please help

hi 

hi @lsbrg 

1, why FPGA1's ibert core shows PLL not locked but the Aurora core showed PLL locked?

I cannot explain. REFCLK0 is used or REFCLK1? is there some difference of pinouts between IBERT and Aurora?

2, why FPGA2's ibert core cannot pass the near-end PCS test, as it is tested inside the FPGAs, it should not be impacted by the fact outside the FPGA?

The RXP/RXN is floating, correct? If so, this is expected, because recover clock is unstable in this mode as CDR loses data. You can do one of the two things below. 

° Set RXOUTCLKSEL to select RXOUTCLKPCS, or
° Set RXCDRHOLD = 1'b1

You can search the port name in the PORTs list of IBERT GUI and write the correct value from GUI.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor lsbrg
Visitor

Re: IBERT testing problem, please help

I used In-System_IBERT just for testing. My object is to use two Aurora 64B66B core and 2 Jesd204B core together using GTHs.
0 Kudos