cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Independent Ultrascale SERDES

I am using the Kintex KCU 105 development board to implement a design that uses the Ultrascale SERDES block which I want to uses the four channels as independent serial interfaces. I used the GTWizard to configure the core, but I cannot seem to get the four channels to operate independently in the lab. I would like to be able to reset one channel, while another channel is transferring data. However it seems that the only reliable method of resetting a channel and getting it to work is asserting the "gtwiz_reset_all_in" input signal which is a single bit signal. Can that input signal "gtwiz_reset_all_in" become a 4 bit input, so I can independently reset each channel? I tried using the TX & RX reset signals, but they do not seem to work in the lab. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

If you use the US wizard each instantiation in one channel.  You will need to do 4 instantiations and then modifiy the design to take out 3 of the 4 refclk input buffers as they will clash on placement.  If you use the QPLL instead of the CPLL you will have to do the same with the GTE*_COMMON.  Alternatively you could use the one instantiation and separate the userclk's and resets to do individual channels.  If you use the QPLL's the latter approach is probably easier.  If you use the CPLL you would probably want to do the 4 instances of the on channel GT wizard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos