UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor mike65535
Visitor

Kintex-7 Using RXCOMINITDET

Jump to solution

I am trying to monitor the status of RXCOMINITDET and even though I have a connected SATA device (hard drive) that is spitting out valid COMINITs (at least based on what my scope shows), this OOB signal (RXCOMINITDET) is always at '0'.

Is there some sort of app note or errata or other information for that signal?  The UG476 only mentions it in Table 4-7 with no real supporting text as to how it operates or how one might use it.

Thanks.

Mike

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor mike65535
Visitor

回复: Kintex-7 Using RXCOMINITDET

Jump to solution

Turned out, the wizard config for the SATA transceiver had been set up to look for 7 bursts in the SATA COM sequence (rather the default 4). My device was generating 6 so the test for 7 failed.

Vivado_SATA_Interface.jpg

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi @mike65535 

To narrow it down, did you try simulation?

you can connect K7 GTX TX to RX. then try to send TX COMINIT and look at RXCOMINITDET.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor mike65535
Visitor

Jump to solution

Turned out, the wizard config for the SATA transceiver had been set up to look for 7 bursts in the SATA COM sequence (rather the default 4). My device was generating 6 so the test for 7 failed.

Vivado_SATA_Interface.jpg

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos