UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor manjunathp
Visitor

Programming terminated. DONE did not go high.

Hi all ,

i am using the ISE 9.1i version ,when i download the bit file ,

its showing ....

INFO:iMPACT:2219 - Status register values:
INFO:iMPACT - 0011 0001 0001 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
INFO:iMPACT:579 - '1': Completed downloading bit file to device.
INFO:iMPACT - '1': Checking done pin....done.
'1': Programming terminated. DONE did not go high.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time =      5 sec.

The Done LED is not going high ,i read the content of link :

http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx5/data/docs/pac/pac0038_8.html

But i am not able to track the problem .

Plz help me to resolve this .

Thanks

manjunathpapanna

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Programming terminated. DONE did not go high.

Can you do a status register readback from the device after you try and configure the device and paste the output on this post?  This can provide information that can help you in the debugging process.  Try slowing down the speed of the cable and then configure your device (go to the output menu in iMPACT and select cable setup, select the slowest speed setting).  What configuration mode are you trying to configure with?  What is the value of the init pin?
0 Kudos

haha. I have this problem all the time. There are three things you can try:

1. Remove the power cord from the board and reinsert it

2. Select "Cleanup project files" from ISE and try again

3. Do 1 and 2 and then reboot your pc

If these dont work then maybe your board is fried...

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Visitor manjunathp
Visitor

Checkout this link for above problem ....

http://www.mydatabasesupport.com/forums/arch/379337-problem-spartan-3-starterkit.html

0 Kudos
Newbie mjtooba

have Same problem with more info

i have same problem on configuration a XC2S200 PQ208 FPGA i used it on my own designed PCB.suddenly after installing EDK /chip scope after ISE 9.1 i faced problem random.

some times it failed to configure , when i inspected PCB,FPGA was being HOT and Vcore become noisy (i using LT1086) after unplug power,it goes to steady state.

any one can help me about this situation? i used this PCB long times and never faced problem like this.

0 Kudos
Newbie carlosrb82

I had a similar problem and I solved it by changing the "Unused IOB Pins" property to "Float" instead of "pull up" or "pull down". You can find this by right clicking "Generate Programming File" in the Processes window. The Process Properties window will open and then you have to click "Configuration Options" in the left column. Then change the "Unused IOB Pins" property to "FLOAT".
0 Kudos
Newbie guiyi

Hi, I've been  having this problem with different boards, on and off. I would have to generate a PROM configuration file and program the PROM, but I could not configure the FPGA directly. Today I discovered that selecting "Use HighZ intstead of Bypass" corrects ir. This will put unused devices in the JTAG chain in High Z.

The option can be found in Impact (ISE 10.1), menu Edit -> Preferences - IMPACT-COnfiguration Preferences

PLease let me know if this workd for you too.

Regards, Guillermo

0 Kudos
Observer sammy_verslype
Observer

Selecting the "Use HighZ intstead of Bypass" in Impact works for me.

Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

please attach the _impact.log file.

we can go from it.

it can be generated by clicking --> View --> View Configuration Log File in iMPACT GUI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Newbie krebbe

I know this is an old post, I ran into a similar problem using Spartan 6. Make sure the INIT_B pin is High. I didn't have a strong enough PULL UP resistor on this line causing it to stay low. This would not allow me to program the device with JTAG. As soon as I cleared up this problem it was able to be successfully programmed.

Reference UG380.pdf page 154.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Observer ole2
Observer

On XtremeDSP 1800 board - it's a jumper JP7 which being shortcuted causing exactly this issue.

so by removing that jumper everything recover and programming works.

0 Kudos
Newbie albosser

Hello everyone!

Since this is an incredibly (un)popular topic given the amount of viewers, I'm dropping by to tell about my case and its solution.
I have several Digilent Spartan-3 Starter Boards (Rev. E). On some of them I could program the FPGAs directly with a .bit fil through the USB-JTAG cable, and on some others I could not: when I tried, I got the infamous "Programming terminated. DONE did not go high" error. I had to go through all the steps of creating a PROM file...

I found the solution after reading ole2's previous message (thanks a lot!): I just solved this by removing the Platform Flash Jumper Options jumper (JP1, top right corner of the board.) According to the board's manual, in that case "The FPGA boots from Platform Flash. No additional data storage is available". You can store the jumper on the GND pins next to the J7-JTAG pins :)

No idea why this is required on some boards and not on some others, because they are all supposed to be identical... anyway, now it works fine.

Good luck to all of you solving your problems!

Tags (1)
Visitor alibarghi
Visitor

Hi

thanks for your solution. My Zynq Z020 board has same problem. please attach your board schematic so I can solve my problem.

thanks 

Only XILINX
0 Kudos