cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

2016.3: Instantiation of 'xpm_cdc_handshake' failed. The design unit was not found

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a block design that is calling this file “axi_clock_converter_v2_1_vl_rfs.v” (under VIVADO 2016.3), that is the evolution of “axi_clock_converter_v2_1_axi_clock_converter.v” (under VIVADO 2016.2).

This new file “axi_clock_converter_v2_1_vl_rfs.v” is calling “xpm_cdc_handshake” at line 622.

This instance “xpm_cdc_handshake” is not referenced in any include file.

Under modelsim, I have this error:

“# ** Error: (vsim-3033) ../../Test/ Test.srcs/sources_1/bd/ Test _bd/ipshared/cf3b/hdl/axi_clock_converter_v2_1_vl_rfs.v(626): Instantiation of 'xpm_cdc_handshake' failed. The design unit was not found.”

I think that this file “axi_clock_converter_v2_1_vl_rfs.v”, must call a library to link “xpm_cdc_handshake”.

Which is this library?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

With this command:

set_property XPM_LIBRARIES {XPM_CDC XPM_MEMORY XPM_FIFO} [current_project]

It is working well,

Many thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @thomas_b

This is XPM macro, for more details refer to page-16 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug974-vivado-ultrascale-libraries.pdf

Try running the below command from tcl console of project

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

With this command:

It is working well,

Many thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi,

is there any fix if i want to run modelsim standalone simulation? rather than incorperated in vivado?

it seems too slow to run simulation in vivado(17.2), it tooks more than 4hours to run a 3~5mins simu, so i ported the files to modelsim, but it report a similar error as this "module 'xpm_cdc_single' is not defined.

thanks,

gauz.

0 Kudos