UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

Behavioral simulation of Distributed Memory - view memory contents

I am using Vivado 2014.4 to perform a behavioral simulation of a design with a distributed memory core (ver. 8.0-rev 7 of the generator). Under ISE 14.4 and Isim (and older dist. mem gen) I could "drill" down through the hierarchy and wave the memory contents, but I haven't been able to do the same under Vivado.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this (or if it is possible)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

Re: Behavioral simulation of Distributed Memory - view memory contents

I neglected to mention that my design is in SystemVerilog, so I believe I'm using the simulatior in mixed-HDL mode, since I think the behavioral model of the dist mem is in VHDL. Haven't gotten a chance to try a "pure VHDL" sim yet.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

In 2014.4 most of the IP's are encrypted. Can you cross check if the DRAM core is also encrypted. If it is encrypted you many not be able to add those signals to observe.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

Just to clarify: It is not a DRAM (i.e., dynamic RAM), it is a distributed memory core, generated using the Xilinx Distributed Memory Generator (and build out of LUTS). I would be very surprised if it is encrypted. (but may try and check)

0 Kudos
Observer jfrenzel
Observer

I haven't gotten a chance to try behavioral simulation of a distributed memory using VHDL and Vivado, but I'm surprised no one in the community knows the answer. (Why I can't view the memory contents under behavioral sim of a SystemVerilog model.

0 Kudos