UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor djmpap
Visitor

Can't Compile Xilinx Libraries on Modelsim PE

Jump to solution

I'm using Vivado 2018.2 and the recommended Modelsim PE 10.6c (mixed VHDL and Verilog supported). When I compile the simulation libraries, they seem to be empty.  For example, the unisim library looks like this:

unisim.jpg

I've attached the log file from the library compile for the unisim folder.  One thing that I'm suspicious of is that there are a lot of references to "nt64".  The Modelsim PE simulator is a 32-bit simulator, and I am using the -32 switch (and you can see it in the log file).  I do get the warning at the top of the file:

** Warning: (vcom-159) Mode option -32 is not supported in this context and will be ignored.

Which is something new, but it does seem to use the -32 switch in the vcom command to compile the files.  Any insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor djmpap
Visitor

Re: Can't Compile Xilinx Libraries on Modelsim PE

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. This turned out to be a simple path error on my part.  Or, too much work and not enough sleep!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @djmpap,

Can you please share the vivado.log and the compile_simlib.log files to check. As from the log you have shared i see that the unisim libraries have been compiled succeessfully without any error messages.

Also, can you please elaborate more on why they seem to be empty?

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor djmpap
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. This turned out to be a simple path error on my part.  Or, too much work and not enough sleep!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @djmpap,

I am glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue. Can you please close this thread by marking your reply with resolution as accepted solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos