cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Crashed Vivado 2017.3.1

I managed to crash during simulation.  I was simulating an RTL module.  I right clicked on an object to set a force value, but instead of clicking on force, I started typing.  I believe I typed a control-V because I thought a hex value I wanted to use was in the copy buffer.  I then tried to left click on force constant, but it was unresponsive.  I could move Vivado related windows around, and sort of change focus from one to another, but could not do anything else.  After maybe a minute Vivado and all related windows disappeared.  However xsim.exe was still running in the background, and when I started over, I could not simulate because it had a file open.  Windows wouldn't let me delete the file, because xsim was using it.  I had to force close xsim in task manager.

Not a real likely user scenario, and the first time I've ever crashed Vivado, but it probably needs to be checked out.  Apparently an exception that isn't being handled appropriately--I mean who tries to type in a menu?

Wilton

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Crashed Vivado 2017.3.1

Hi @whelm,

>>["I right clicked on an object to set a force value, but instead of clicking on force, I started typing.  I believe I typed a control-V because I thought a hex value I wanted to use was in the copy buffer.  I then tried to left click on force constant, but it was unresponsive."]

I tired this in Vivado 2017.3.1 but could not reproduce the problem. The ctrl+v has no action than copying a signal on the wave-window if the signal is copied in buffer (based on the above AI), else it does nothing. Which OS are you working on?

Is this happening at your end for all designs or only for one specific simulation model? Are there multiple sessions of Vivado open which is causing this lag (memory)?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Crashed Vivado 2017.3.1

I wouldn't call it a "lag" it was a freeze.  I had to force quit it.

No there was only one Vivado session open.

I don't know how reproducible it was.  I've made sure not to do that again.

Wilton

0 Kudos