Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Error Creating Test Bench Waveform

Jump to solution

Hello, Im an IT engineer student and I'm taking a course on designing simple combinational and secuencial circuits. My problem comes in when I'm done creating the schematics of a simple circuit and try to create the test bench. I have installed ModelSim with its licence.dat file. The error I'm getting is the following:

tarted : "Creating Tbw file".
ERROR:HDLParsers:3562 - pepExtractor.prj line 1  Expecting 'vhdl' or 'verilog' keyword,  found 'work'.
Compiling vhdl file "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Practica1/Pr11.vhf" in Library work.
ERROR:HDLParsers:164 - "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Practica1/Pr11.vhf" Line 29. parse error, unexpected CLOSEPAR, expecting IDENTIFIER
WARNING:HDLParsers:3481 - Library work has no units. Did not save reference file "C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/xil_2256_34/hdllib.ref" for it.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

-Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Error Creating Test Bench Waveform

Jump to solution
OK! Thanks that helped. Had to create project from scartch and also I notced on my instruction manual I had to use VHDL for prefered language.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Check out this thread and its solution as the problem appears to be similar to yours:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=SIMANDVERIBD&thread.id=399

Also, please refrain from creating projects in locations where its directory path contains spaces.  

Eddie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Ok, I had the project on my desktop and it had spaces in the dir. I fixed it, but it still not working. Now when I had the TestBench source file it saids creating file but it never does add the file. I know a window with the settings for the TestBench should pop up, but nothing....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Try the following:

1) In the Sources pane, click on the "Files" tab ("Library" tab if using a version other than 10.1).  See if the testbench waveform file is listed.

If yes, right-click on it and remove it.

If no, proceed forward

2) Run "Clean Up Project Files" from the Project Menu.  Try "adding new source --> Testbench waveform" again

3) If all else fails, create a new project with your sources.

Hope this helps. 

Eddie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

"Now when I had the TestBench source file it saids creating file but it never does add the file."

This often means the VHDL source file you want to test, has a syntax error, so the testbench creator can't parse it.

Try a syntax check on it, or ewen synthesis. If that works, try the testbench generator again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
OK! Thanks that helped. Had to create project from scartch and also I notced on my instruction manual I had to use VHDL for prefered language.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos