UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Error when importing simulation vectors

Jump to solution

Something changes when using the AXI BFM automatically when I simply try to import and external vector file with the extension of .data:

Vivado Simulator 2016.4
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2016 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/bin/unwrapped/lnx64.o/xelab -wto d19ad81599964efb8f2e2155043f70ef --debug typical --relax --mt 8 -L xil_defaultlib -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip -L xpm --snapshot siggen_jesd_axi_v1_0_tb_behav xil_defaultlib.siggen_jesd_axi_v1_0_tb xil_defaultlib.glbl -log elaborate.log
Using 8 slave threads.
Starting static elaboration
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <siggen_jesd_axi_v1_0_bfm_1_wrapper> not found while processing module instance <dut> [/home/kpeters/tb_ref_emitter/tb_ref_emitter.srcs/sim_1/imports/bfm_design/siggen_jesd_axi_v1_0_tb.v:39]
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3322] Static elaboration of top level Verilog design unit(s) in library work failed.

Everything was working before the import, but when importing, vivado automatically changes something.  To get the change not to occur, I have to create a blank from and manually cut and paste the data into the file.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Error when importing simulation vectors

Jump to solution

@petersk

Please close the thread by marking answer

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
check this ARs if it can help you
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66281.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I don't think it applies since I'm just importing the .data file, but I'd like to give it a try. How, exactly, does one " reset and regenerate ?""

By the way, this fails in all cases, not just the case of the BFM.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Here's the result of creating a totally new project with a testbench file ONLY:

Vivado Simulator 2016.4
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2016 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/bin/unwrapped/lnx64.o/xelab -wto 742796b367ce40d0bf1df87f96238d53 --debug typical --relax --mt 8 -L secureip -L xpm --snapshot dds_comparison_phase_tb_behav xil_defaultlib.dds_comparison_phase_tb -log elaborate.log
Using 8 slave threads.
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit xil_defaultlib.dds_comparison_phase_tb in library work located at xsim.dir/work.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Also, if I try to just create the data file (with extension .data) I get an ERROR: [filemgmt 20-1701] The file type 'Data Files' is not user changeable.

This is really not good behaviour.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @petersk,

Can you share your design ?

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

try to import the txt file.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@petersk

I donot see any references to ddsmem.txt in your testbench. Can you try using readmemh with .data extension? Refer Pg 144 of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

It wouldn't let me upload a .data file so I changed the extension.  Change the extension back to .data, or just change the reference in readmem to .txt.   The problem is in importing the file (adding it to the project), not with the readmem.

Kurt

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@petersk

I have changed the extension to .data and I could add it to project. Refer below snapshot. Are you not able to add .data under Simulation sources when you select all file types?

Regards,

Sravanthi

ddsdata.PNG
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I thought this was a different issue.  My vivado must have gotten into a weird state, because I can now import it too.  I just took a course and imported a few of the class projects.  After that, I could import it.  I have no idea what changed.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@petersk

Please close the thread by marking answer

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos