cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How can I run a post-synthesis simulation model?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'd like to run a generated post-synthesis simulation model, which should be a simple task. But so far, I cannot work out how to do it.

So far, in ISE, I've run the synthesize step, and then the "Generate Post-Synthesis Simulation Model". This creates the file "./netgen/synthesis/top_level_synthesis.vhd". Thats fine. But what do I do with it?

The file does not show up anywhere in the design hierarchy view for simulation (or implementation), and also does not show up at all in the Files view. If I try to import it by right-clicking and selecting "Add Source", i'm told the file is already included in the project, even though it does not appear in the files tab.

I've been assuming that the file would appear under the simulation hierarchy view, where I could just wrap a testbench around it, and run ISIM. No such luck.

Can anyone enlighten me on the procedure?

Thanks very much,

Rob Smith

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

In the simulation view there should be a drop-down bar that is probably currently showing

"Behavioral".  Click on the down arrow to the right and select "post-translate" to change to

the post-synthesis simulation.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

In the simulation view there should be a drop-down bar that is probably currently showing

"Behavioral".  Click on the down arrow to the right and select "post-translate" to change to

the post-synthesis simulation.

HTH,

Gabor

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

In all my searching, i'd completely missed that drop-down box!

Thank you very much Gabor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I had exactly the same problem. I had also missed the dropdown bar. Thanks for solution. I think Xilinx people should highlight this in their literature.

0 Kudos