cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can i implement my RTL project without any hardware.?

Hello ,

I am doing a project where i  want to  store images into the SD card and transfer that data  into DDR of FPGA and finally able to display it on HDMI  DISPLAY.  I  have RTL files but i dont have FPGA board with me.How can i implement the project without any hardware.is it possible to do it through QEMU?  please suggest me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @manoj_kumar0007,

You don't need a board to Implement your project, you can even create the final bitstream without having the device.

When you create the project you select the device that you want to target.

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I have selected the board while creating the project. but  i want to test my project. is there any way  to test the output of my project without hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@manoj_kumar0007,

but  i want to test my project.

In hardware, without a board, no you can't.

.is it possible to do it through QEMU?

Go to Xilinx QEMU Wiki and read for what is QEMU used, you will get your answer.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

You could write a test bench and simulate the data path. Should be possible to find simulation models and/or examples for all your interfaces. If you are using Xilinx IP for those, you should be able to generate example designs for each and see how they are modeled. May require some work to piece together, but is certainly doable.

Steve Markgraf - Distinguished FPGA Design & Support Engineer E5-E
www.designlinxhs.com