UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor to_skishor
Visitor

IP core and simulation

Jump to solution

It's strange that once I add any IP core in ISE 10.1.03 then I can't do Behavoral simulation.

Synthesis Report states all the 'child modules' are getting synthesized and complied in work library.

However when I run Post Route Simulation with ModelSimXE 6.3c it reports

Instantiation of 'module' failed. The design unit was not found.

I checked and found these modules are not getting complied in the  ModelSIm work library.

Wot's the problem...?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IP core and simulation

Jump to solution

There's a known issue where ISE does not fully identify core files for simulation.  In such situation, ISE builds simulation scripts while not pointing to the simulation models for the cores.

To resolve the problem, remove the XCO file for the core and add it back into the project.  If the problem persists, remove the XCO file and instead add the .v/.vhd generated for the core.

Let us know how it goes.

Eddie
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There's a known issue where ISE does not fully identify core files for simulation.  In such situation, ISE builds simulation scripts while not pointing to the simulation models for the cores.

To resolve the problem, remove the XCO file for the core and add it back into the project.  If the problem persists, remove the XCO file and instead add the .v/.vhd generated for the core.

Let us know how it goes.

Eddie
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor to_skishor
Visitor

Jump to solution

ya, it works that way.

Thanx a lot.

Kishor

0 Kudos