UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ISE 10.1 simulation error

ISE 10.1 simulation error

Hello everyone

I have installed ISE 10.1 on may laptop (Win 7). I followed "ISE 10.1 Quick Start Tutorial" step by step.

but in simulation step i got some errors:

Running ISim simulation engine ...
This is a Lite version of ISE Simulator(ISim).
ERROR: Signal Unknown signal received

How can i solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Ahmad

Xilinx Employee

Re: ISE 10.1 simulation error

Hi,

Xilinx does not support Windows 7 as yet. We know for sure 10.1 will not work on Windows 7. If you were to try  11.3, you may have a better shot, although even then we have not tested against it. 

Xilinx does plan to support Windows 7 in a future release though, until then it is a use at your own risk..

Thanks

Duth

[ Edited ]

Go to windows services and start web client service. Put the startup type to automatic. Now you will be able to run simulation.

How to go to Windows services- Right click My computer icon and go to manage. Click services and applications in the right hand side panel and then go to services. Double click webclient service to edit.

Ishan

@imaduranga !!!

I hav tried wat u hav told ...but unfortunately its working ..did u  get any other solution to fix this prob ??plz inform me if u got any or get to know abt it..

thnx

Ishan's method worked for me (Win7 x64). You might have to manually 'start' the service instead of 'automatic' though.

cheers

Benny

Thank you so much!!

It works!! (ISE 10.1 sp3 on win7 32-bit )

yes,i follewed Ishan view.succesfully rectify the errore i.e unknown signal in ISE 10.1 when i istalled n work with it in winows7.i follwed by follwing procedure

Go to windows services and start web client service. Put the startup type to automatic. Now you will be able to run simulation.

How to go to Windows services- Right click My computer icon and go to manage. Click services and applications in the right hand side panel and then go to services. Double click webclient service to edit.

from

B.Ravi kumar

Asst Prof,SV Engg col,tirupati