UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is there a Virtex-7 simprims model for an FDC?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to carry out a timing simulation on a Virtex-7 device which includes an encrypted netlist. The simulator complains that it can't find an FDC component (which is instantiated in the encryped netlist). The library search path includes 'simprims_ver'.

After some digging, it appears that there isn't actually an FDC simprims model for Virtex-7. Is this correct?

As far as I can make out:

• FDC is obsolete, but appears as a 'retarget' model in /data/verilog/src in the distribution, where it's remapped to an FDCE
  • The libraries compilation script does produce a unisims model for FDC, but not for simprims

I suppose I could just retarget it myself, but I'd like to be sure that I understand what's going on first. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Is there a Virtex-7 simprims model for an FDC?

Jump to solution

Your understanding is correct. If you run compile_simlib to compile simulation libraries for 3rd party simulator, the retarget primitives will be compiled to unisims library. However for simprims library compilation, only the unisims primitives are included.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Your understanding is correct. If you run compile_simlib to compile simulation libraries for 3rd party simulator, the retarget primitives will be compiled to unisims library. However for simprims library compilation, only the unisims primitives are included.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks. I got the sim running by explicitly compiling the target models that I needed. The netlist was originally generated for V5, and the vendor seems to think that that's enough for V7.

0 Kudos