UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Modelsim Verilog license issue for VHDL simulation

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I hope you will be able to help me with a very strange issue we're having.

We have a VHDL design to simulate in Modelsim DE 10.0. However, when I run the simulation, I receive an error than a Verilog license is missing. Moving this design to a different computer, using the exact same folder structure, software versions and license, the design simulates without any problems. The design was done is ISE 13.2 (if I remember correctly), for a Spartan 6 FPGA. 

As I've said, the design contains no Verilog modules, why would Modelsim complain about a Verilog license? All the libraries are pointing to the correct locations and compile without any issues. It is only when the simulation is run that the license error occurs.

Any advice on what we can try? We are out of ideas at the moment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Modelsim Verilog license issue for VHDL simulation

Jump to solution

Hi Graces,

Thanks for responding. I did compare the simulation scripts and there was absolutely no trace of Verilog to be found. Fortunately, I was able to solve the issue. After logging a support with Mentor Graphics, I was informed that this is a bug in Modelsim 10.0b. When the dataflow window is open, it tries to check out a Veilog license. The problem goes away when closing the window. It was fixed in later releases of Modelsim.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Did you compare the two simulation scripts? Is there any chance that "glbl.v" gets compiled in the failing simulation run?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Graces,

Thanks for responding. I did compare the simulation scripts and there was absolutely no trace of Verilog to be found. Fortunately, I was able to solve the issue. After logging a support with Mentor Graphics, I was informed that this is a bug in Modelsim 10.0b. When the dataflow window is open, it tries to check out a Veilog license. The problem goes away when closing the window. It was fixed in later releases of Modelsim.

0 Kudos