Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Post-fit simulation - multiple instances

Hi

I'm trying to run a post-fit simulation for a CAPS design. I'm using Ism in SIS 13.4.

The problem is, I want to instantiate multiple (2 to start with) instances of my design, "connect" them together in the test bench, to see how they interact with one another. The two instances are tutu and tutu.

This seems to work, but I can only get 1 instance to be post-fit. The other seems to only have behavioral timing. The problem may be that in the post-fit simulation settings, you have to specify "Ism OUT Instance Name" - this is set to tutu, but setting it to "tutu, tutu" doesn't work.

Has anyone tried this before, and does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Will

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Post-fit simulation - multiple instances

Sorry, CAPS should read CPLD!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Will,

This forum website allows editing (correcting) your post at any time.  Just click on the Options button near the top right corner of your post.  You can also delete posts (if there are no replies to the post you wish to delete).

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Bob,

I did try that but I couldn't see an option for edit - I still can't. Am I missing something?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Example:

forums_edit_post.png

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Bob,

That option is missing for me

Will
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

ISE should generate a post-fit simulation model with a different name than the original

top level code, but with the same extension - .v for verilog or .vhd for VHDL.  If your

test-bench needs to have more than one instance of the post-fit design, you could

make a copy of the post-fit simulation model, give it a different entity or module name,

and explicitly instantiate that one for the second instance (not the "UUT").

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: editing posts

Bob,

I think that editing posts has been disabled for new members to make it harder for spammers to operate - some were posting something plausible, then coming back and adding or changing it to (link) spam.

See (again)

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Forum-Usage/Existing-forum-posts-have-been-hacked-by-spammers/m-p/224623/message-uid/224623#U224623

Cheers!

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."