UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor nvenugop
Visitor

Questa Simulator not found

I am trying to run RFSoC data convertor example simulation- When I try to Simulate with Questa simulator, Vivado throws the following error.

"[USF-Questa-48] Failed to locate 'vsim.exe' executable in the shell environment 'PATH' variable. Please source the settings script included with the installation and retry this operation again."

However, upon checking the Xilinx Tcl Store, it shows "Questa Advanced Simulator" as installed.

Where does the 3rd party installation (Default location) usually reside?

Vivado Simulator works fine though.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Questa Simulator not found

@nvenugop,

In your 'Environment Variables' do you have the full path for Questa added?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor nvenugop
Visitor

Hi @dpaul24

I cant locate where the Questa Sim is installed, Without knowing I can't manually add it to PATH!
0 Kudos
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

@nvenugop,

I cant locate where the Questa Sim is installed, Without knowing I can't manually add it to PATH!

That's for you to find out! Do you think it is possible for me or anyone else to remotely log in to your machine and for you the path? :-)

In the worst case, uninstall and reinstall Questa.

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
0 Kudos
Visitor nvenugop
Visitor

Woah!!! I never Mentioned that I need someone to remotely Access! Well, If u read it right, I asked what is the default location used for 3rd party apps installation thru Vivado!
Anyways Thanks, it was a great help!
0 Kudos

Hi @nvenugop ,

Did you set the third party install path in the settings as shown below? Make sure the vsim executable exists in this path.

install.JPG

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor nvenugop
Visitor

Hi Sravanthi

The Paths are not set, but the mentioned address doesn't exist too. I tried reinstalling Questa Sim from Xilinx TCL store, but still I couldn't see where its getting installed. 
Ill do a complete search and let you know if it works.

Alternatively, is there a way to install the 3rd party apps offline or from outside Xilinx Store? 

Thanks

Nanda

0 Kudos