1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Not sure that you can but you can

# understand your current filesets
get_filesets
# create a new fileset, copying the properties from the old fileset if you want to create_fileset -simset -clone_properties sim_1 better_simset_name
# then move the files (Getting all files from that old set you want to "rename") move_files -fileset better_simset_name [get_files -fileset sim_1]
# finally delete the old set delete_fileset sim_1

That is essentially renaming your simset - note I haven't validated that. use help in the tcl console.

Best,

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Not sure that you can but you can

# understand your current filesets
get_filesets
# create a new fileset, copying the properties from the old fileset if you want to create_fileset -simset -clone_properties sim_1 better_simset_name
# then move the files (Getting all files from that old set you want to "rename") move_files -fileset better_simset_name [get_files -fileset sim_1]
# finally delete the old set delete_fileset sim_1

That is essentially renaming your simset - note I haven't validated that. use help in the tcl console.

Best,

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Great! But how to do so using GUI ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ldm.eth ,

From gui you can do it by right click on Simulation Sources in Source window-> selecting Edit Simulation Sets:

simsetCapture.JPG

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Yes, but this way I'll create a new Simulation Set (will also need to add files for simulation there). But how to rename a Simulation Set, which already exists (using GUI)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@ldm.eth 

Sorry, this should be doable in the GUI, I was just providing a method (IMO more elegant and faster) to do so through the console. 

This way you could also write these into a TCL function that you could use to always "rename" sim_1 into something more useful.

Best,

Jerry

0 Kudos