UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Simulation Set -> How to ReName?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

How to rename a Simulation Set? I'm using Vivado 2018.3

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Simulation Set -> How to ReName?

Jump to solution

Not sure that you can but you can

# understand your current filesets
get_filesets
# create a new fileset, copying the properties from the old fileset if you want to create_fileset -simset -clone_properties sim_1 better_simset_name
# then move the files (Getting all files from that old set you want to "rename") move_files -fileset better_simset_name [get_files -fileset sim_1]
# finally delete the old set delete_fileset sim_1

That is essentially renaming your simset - note I haven't validated that. use help in the tcl console.

Best,

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Not sure that you can but you can

# understand your current filesets
get_filesets
# create a new fileset, copying the properties from the old fileset if you want to create_fileset -simset -clone_properties sim_1 better_simset_name
# then move the files (Getting all files from that old set you want to "rename") move_files -fileset better_simset_name [get_files -fileset sim_1]
# finally delete the old set delete_fileset sim_1

That is essentially renaming your simset - note I haven't validated that. use help in the tcl console.

Best,

Jerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Great! But how to do so using GUI ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ldm.eth ,

From gui you can do it by right click on Simulation Sources in Source window-> selecting Edit Simulation Sets:

simsetCapture.JPG

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yes, but this way I'll create a new Simulation Set (will also need to add files for simulation there). But how to rename a Simulation Set, which already exists (using GUI)?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@ldm.eth 

Sorry, this should be doable in the GUI, I was just providing a method (IMO more elegant and faster) to do so through the console. 

This way you could also write these into a TCL function that you could use to always "rename" sim_1 into something more useful.

Best,

Jerry

0 Kudos