cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam025023
Explorer
Explorer

Simulation error: USF-XSim 62 compile' step failed with error(s) while executing

I used win7 64bit + vivado 2015.2 

The behavorial functional simulation is totally fine. but the post-synthesis simulation failed. 

The error message shows:

[USF-XSim 62] 'compile' step failed with error(s) while executing '****/**_project.sim/sim_1/synth/timing/compile.bat' script. Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions and the Tcl console output for any other possible errors or warnings.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
arpansur

Hi @sam025023,

Please check the Tcl console if you are getting any error or warning message.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sam025023
Explorer
Explorer

Thx for your reply.

Hereby the msg in console:

Starting static elaboration
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <FIFO_DMA_Out_4TestBench> not found while processing module instance <DMA_out_data_FIFO> [c:**/src/Simulation_Files/TB_data_mover_bridge.v:916]
WARNING: [VRFC 10-278] actual bit length 32 differs from formal bit length 16 for port s00_axi_wdata [c:/**/src/Simulation_Files/TB_data_mover_bridge.v:599]
WARNING: [VRFC 10-278] actual bit length 4 differs from formal bit length 2 for port s00_axi_wstrb [c:/**/src/Simulation_Files/TB_data_mover_bridge.v:600]
WARNING: [VRFC 10-278] actual bit length 32 differs from formal bit length 16 for port s00_axi_rdata [c:/**/src/Simulation_Files/TB_data_mover_bridge.v:610]
WARNING: [VRFC 10-278] actual bit length 5 differs from formal bit length 6 for port o_LED_indicator_channel_status [c:/**/src/Simulation_Files/TB_data_mover_bridge.v:709]
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3322] Static elaboration of top level Verilog design unit(s) in library work failed.
INFO: [USF-XSim-99] Step results log file:'C:/DevGIT/DNA2_FGPA/DNA2_ZYNQ.tmp/data_mover_bridge_v1_35_14_project/Data_Mover_Bridge_v1_35_14_project.sim/sim_1/synth/timing/elaborate.log'
ERROR: [USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s). Please check the Tcl console output or 'C:/**/Data_Mover_Bridge_v1_35_14_project.sim/sim_1/synth/timing/elaborate.log' file for more information.
launch_simulation: Time (s):

It seems the issue is related with FIFO_DMA_Out_4TestBench FIFO ip. Actually this ip was only used in my simulation. The behavorial simulation worked with this IP in the project. Somehow it doesn't work now for post-synthysis simulation.

0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sam025023

Please check the AR http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56492.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
sam025023
Explorer
Explorer

No, it doesn't work.

I followed the instruction as follow to install the patch:
METHOD 2: Overwriting files in existing Xilinx install area
a. Original files in the respective directories should be moved or
renamed before copying the archived files to these locations.
b. Extract the critical file(s) contents of the ".zip" archive to the
Vivado 2013.2 directory that you are patching
c. Run Vivado software tools from the original install location.

After the patch was installed, I tried to restart vivado. Then it shows this error msg (see the picture attached.)

I guess it's fit for vivado2015.2.

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
ppdabholkar
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

This seems to be a Windows only issue, but I am seeing this on a a Vivado 2017.1 installation on Fedora 7.

I am running post route timing simulations for a Virtex 7 Ultrascale xcvu440-flgb2377-1-i device.

0 Kudos
ppdabholkar
Visitor
Visitor

I should have made it clear. I am seeing the original issue, i.e Simulation error: USF-XSim 62 compile' step failed with error(s) while executing.

Because it is Linux, I receive an error in the elaborate.sh script instead of the .bat file.

[USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s) while executing '/home/s3471830/gitlab/IPLookup/xil_project/compact_trie_iad_wo_bf.sim/sim_1/impl/timing/elaborate.sh' script. Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions and the Tcl console output for any other possible errors or warnings
0 Kudos