Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Simulation run failed

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I have a problem when I launch the simulation, all files are good and at their own places, it was a ISE 14.3 project and I'm under ISE 14.7. I have an IP which was well configurated but everytime I launch the simulation, the compilation is completed successfully with no errors but the two finish lines below... I don't understand what's wrong..

Run failed.jpg

Thanks for your help,

regards,

J.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Simulation run failed

Jump to solution

@arpansur, @nupurs

Thanks for your answers, the problem is identified and solved... That's a security problem which don't allow the .exe file on my computer to create the .wdb file and so ISIM can't be launched...

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @j.massol,

Is your simulation stopping at this phase or are you able to proceed further?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @j.massol,

Please try the following steps and let us know the outcomes:

1. Check in Task Manager in windows or "top" in Linux if ISIM is running.
  2. Try launching simulation from commandline option.
  3. Try launching simulation after "Clean up Project files"
  4. Restart the system and try.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @nupurs,

When I launch the simulation, ISE compile but stop at those two lines so I can't go further...

Hi @arpansur,

I've tried all the steps you've listed but nothing work... In Task Manager (because I'm under Window 7) all the compilations steps work correctly but I don't see the ISIM process... To conclude at the last step I think ISM doesn't launch and doesn't find the .wdb, displaying "Run Failed: Simulation" as in the picture in the flow navigator.

I don't understand, I don't have the .wdb in my files and it's a new project so I don't have any copy or whatever...

Thanks for your reply,

J.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @j.massol,

Can you share your archived project here?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @nupurs,

I can't share my project... I've try to launch ISIM in tcl command and now I hav this error :

couldn't execute "D:\test_ip_juillet\place\testbench_gene_fsm_isim_beh.exe": invalid argument

If you have any idea...

Thanks,

J.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

@arpansur, @nupurs

Thanks for your answers, the problem is identified and solved... That's a security problem which don't allow the .exe file on my computer to create the .wdb file and so ISIM can't be launched...

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos