Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigtastyrich
Visitor
Visitor

Start simulation from snapshot?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to save a snapshot state for later use in Vivado simulation, as a way of speeding up simulations.

I'm working on a PCIe design and love using the LogiCore IP example project as a test root port.  We use this all the time in designs.  One of the problems is the slowness of the initial connection and configuration step, which often doesn't change.  Simulating the initial 180 us or so can take 10 minutes.

If it were possible to import a VCD, or something similar, to bootstrap the process, then take over ~regular~ simulation, this could help a lot.

Is such a feature available?  I'm working with Vivado 2019.2 for Kintex-7, but can upgrade as needed.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunilku
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @bigtastyrich,

Once snapshot is generated, we can only run simulation and perform all run-time options. Please use the following command on your shell to run simulation

xsim <snapshot_name> -gui

Thanks,

Sunilkumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
graces

There's no such feature to support mixed static and dynamic simulation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sunilku
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @bigtastyrich,

Once snapshot is generated, we can only run simulation and perform all run-time options. Please use the following command on your shell to run simulation

xsim <snapshot_name> -gui

Thanks,

Sunilkumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos