cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timing Simulation from a behavioural bench

I am using the timing simulator for the first time.

I am trying to timing simulate the whole FPGA from a behavioural bench.

So, I generate the timing model as documented, and go to the Post-route hierarchy view - and of course, there is no behavioural bench there.

Implementation of the behavioural bench down does not work (reasonably) because behavioural constructs are not always implementable as primitives.

So, I am missing something here.

How do I get the bench to reference the timing model for simulation?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

When you select the post route simulation option in the ISIM and click simulation the tool will creat post route timing structural model and will run the simulation.

What exactly do you see when you run the post route simulation.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is correct, you are asking about if you can use same test bench for behavioral as well as for timing simulation.

If my understanding is correct. Yes, you can use same test bench for all simulation. Only design simulation model will be different in each case.

As you are newbie, if you dont know any thing then just click on Post-route simulation then tool will generate required files and simulate the code for you.

Please let me know if i misunderstood.

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos