UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor kenchindino
Visitor

Trouble running Xcelium

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have received the following instructions on how to run Xcelium:

• compile simulation libraries using '-simulator xcelium' 
  • point to the Xcelium compiled libraries 
  • for integrated flow, Run Simulation 
  • for export simulation flow, File-> Export Export Simulation  Select Xcelium (for script generation) 

The following message is copied from Tcl Console:

------------------------------------------------------------------

compile_simlib -simulator xcelium -simulator_exec_path {/opt/cadence/installs/XCELIUM1710/tools.lnx86/bin/64bit} -family virtexuplus -language verilog -library unisim -dir {/home/user/ASIC/syn} -force

WARNING: [Vivado 12-5377] Language specific library compilation for IPs is not supported. By default, the libraries will be compiled for all languages.
INFO: [Vivado 12-4753] Extracting data from the IP repository...(this may take a while, please wait)...

***********************************************************************************************************************
* COMPILATION SUMMARY *
* Simulator used: xcelium *
* Compiled on: Fri Jan 26 10:29:51 2018 *
***********************************************************************************************************************
* Library | Language | Mapped Library Name | Error(s) | Warning(s) *
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
* secureip | verilog | secureip | 0 | 619 *
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
* unisim | vhdl | unisim | 3 | 1836 *
* unimacro | vhdl | unimacro | 1 | 612 *
* unifast | vhdl | unifast | 1 | 610 *
* unisim | verilog | unisims_ver | 0 | 1213 *

ERROR: [Vivado 12-5602] compile_simlib failed to compile for xcelium with error in 177 libraries (cxl_error.log)
compile_simlib: Time (s): cpu = 00:03:26 ; elapsed = 00:04:27 . Memory (MB): peak = 9425.207 ; gain = 0.000 ; free physical = 29551 ; free virtual = 109268
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'compile_simlib' failed due to earlier errors.

launch_simulation
INFO: [Vivado 12-5698] Checking validity of IPs in the design for the 'XSim' simulator...
INFO: [Vivado 12-5682] Launching behavioral simulation in '/home/kenchin/ASIC/syn/scu/scu/scu.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
INFO: [Vivado 12-4795] Using compiled simulation libraries for IPs
INFO: [SIM-utils-51] Simulation object is 'sim_1'
INFO: [USF-XSim-7] Finding pre-compiled libraries...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems most errors are related to VHDL but we are not using VHDL.

I don't know how to "point to the Xcelium compiled libraries", so I didn't do it and went ahead with "for integrated flow, Run Simulation" but Xsim is still being used.

Your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor kenchindino
Visitor

Re: Trouble running Xcelium

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

Thank you very much for the help. I finally got it to work by setting the parameter before I open the project.

Best Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @kenchindino,

Do you have the path to the Xcelium Simulator set in the tools when you try and compile the simulation libraries?

You need to have set where you want the libraries to be compiled to and where Xcelium is installed on your system.

Capture.PNG

The compiled library location is where you want to store the files that are compiled, you will also need to point to this location when you are running the simulation

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards
Aidan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor kenchindino
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

The following is what I used to compile the libraries:

compile_simlib -simulator xcelium -simulator_exec_path {/opt/cadence/installs/XCELIUM1710/tools.lnx86/bin/64bit} -family virtexuplus -language verilog -library unisim -dir {/home/user/ASIC/syn} -force

{/home/user/ASIC/syn} is where I wanted to put my libraries.

The problem is that on the Settings menu, I don't have the the option to select Xcelium.

Best Regards.

target simulator.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor kenchindino
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I clicked "3rd Party Simulators" on the Settings menu, I could see Xcelium. So there must be something I am still missing.

Thanks.

3rd party simulator.PNG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @kenchindino,

You  need to set the switch prior to opening your project.

If you set it in an already open project the Xcelium option may not show up, so open a new instance of Vivado, set the switch and check if the option is there. Then you canopen your project.

From your previous notes it looks like you are using Linux

I have checked the switch in 2017.3 on both Linux and Windows and the option was there.

Capture.PNG

In Windows, compilation of the libraries is not supported, e.g.

ERROR: [Vivado 12-3730] Invalid simulator 'xcelium' specified! Library compilation for this simulator is not supported on this platform.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'compile_simlib' failed due to earlier errors.

It is present in Linux

Capture1.PNG

Let em know if I can help further.

Best Regards
Aidan

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos
Visitor kenchindino
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Aidan,

Thank you very much for the help. I finally got it to work by setting the parameter before I open the project.

Best Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos