UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Two post implementation FPGA simulation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to do a  post implementation simulation of a communication link between a couple of Artix FPGAs.  So, I synthesize and implement the HDL design.  It is the same design on both chips.  Then in a behavioral test bench I instantiate this twice, once for each FPGA.  I connect the IO of the two instantiations  and then have one send data to the other.  It isn't working.  Signals that are fine at the test bench level are not right on the top level entities under test.  It is as if both instantiations are linked to the same implementation.  

So, does the Vivado simulation tool support what I want to do here?  If so, is there any special setup that I have to do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Two post implementation FPGA simulation

Jump to solution

Hi @sprl111,

>> I connect the IO of the two instantiations  and then have one send data to the other.  It isn't working.  

Can you please elaborate more on the issue you are facing and please share a test case this will help us understand on what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Two post implementation FPGA simulation

Jump to solution

Hi @sprl111,

>> I connect the IO of the two instantiations  and then have one send data to the other.  It isn't working.  

Can you please elaborate more on the issue you are facing and please share a test case this will help us understand on what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos