Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

UVM Simulation fails in 2019.2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm on Windows 10 Home Build 18362 and just installed Vivado 2019.2. I'm trying to run a simple UVM testbench (just an environment and a test) using this script:

exec xvlog  -sv C:/ProgramFiles/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.2/data/system_verilog/uvm_1.2/uvm_macros.svh
exec xvlog  -sv C:/ProgramFiles/Xilinx/Vivado/2019.2/data/system_verilog/uvm_1.2/xlnx_uvm_package.sv
exec xvlog  -sv ./design.sv
exec xvlog  -sv ./testbench.sv
exec xelab  top -s top_sim -debug typical
exec xsim   top_sim -R

However, xelab fails with this message:

Vivado Simulator 2019.2
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2019 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: C:\ProgramFiles\Xilinx\Vivado\2019.2\bin\unwrapped\win64.o\xelab.exe top -s top_sim -debug typical 
Multi-threading is on. Using 10 slave threads.
Starting static elaboration
Pass Through NonSizing Optimizer
Completed static elaboration
Starting simulation data flow analysis
Completed simulation data flow analysis
Time Resolution for simulation is 1ps
Compiling package work.uvm_pkg
Compiling package std.std
Compiling package work.my_pkg
Compiling module work.dut_if
Compiling module work.dut
Compiling module work.top
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design.
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x82f): undefined reference to `uvm_hdl_deposit'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x948): undefined reference to `uvm_hdl_read'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xa4e): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_next_arg_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xb0b): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_tool_name_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xbc8): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_tool_version_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xca0): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regcomp'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xd84): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regexec'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xe54): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regfree'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xf38): undefined reference to `uvm_re_match'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x1019): undefined reference to `uvm_glob_to_re'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    while executing
"exec xelab  top -s top_sim -debug typical"
    (file "compile.tcl" line 5)

I couldn't find any information in the Simulator User Guide and Tutorial regarding UVM simulations (I updated DocNav, but those are still in version 2019.1). Any resources to help with this?

Thanks a lot.

Isaac.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @isaac.verdu ,

Please check page 195 of UG 900 regarding how to compile UVM.

We need to pass ‘-L uvm’ to xvlog and xelab commands.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @isaac.verdu ,

Please check page 195 of UG 900 regarding how to compile UVM.

We need to pass ‘-L uvm’ to xvlog and xelab commands.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @shameera ,

thanks a lot, that did the trick. I updated DocNav once more, now it does show me the latest documentation. No idea what the problem was.

Cheers,

Isaac.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I added the following commands,

set_property -name {xsim.compile.xvlog.more_options} -value {-L uvm} -objects [get_filesets sim_1]
set_property -name {xsim.elaborate.xelab.more_options} -value {-L uvm} -objects [get_filesets sim_1]

But similar error occur,

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design.
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x82f): undefined reference to `uvm_hdl_deposit'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x948): undefined reference to `uvm_hdl_read'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xa4e): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_next_arg_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xb0b): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_tool_name_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xbc8): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_get_tool_version_c'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xca0): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regcomp'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xd84): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regexec'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xe54): undefined reference to `uvm_dpi_regfree'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0xf38): undefined reference to `uvm_re_match'
xsim.dir/top_sim/obj/xsim_10.win64.obj:xsim_10.c:(.text+0x1019): undefined reference to `uvm_glob_to_re'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any specific method to solve this error ?

Regards,

Nithin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @nithinkrishnanrs ,

Can you please verify from the simulation settings and compile.log, elaborate.log files generated in simulation folder ./project_1.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim, if this "-L UVM" command got applied properly? Please try resetting and rerunning simulation and check if it helps.

If you are still facing issues then can you please share the archived project to check this issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

Hi Sravanthi,

Thank you for your quick response.

Resetting and rerunning simulation did the trick.

Regards,

Nithin Krishnan

0 Kudos