UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Unimacros not showing up in simulation?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have always liked unimacros since they allow to easily instantiate simple primitives without any other files (XCI, etc).

However, when I instantiate a unimacro in my design (the BRAM_TDP_MACRO to be precise) the instance does not show up on my simulation hierarchy in the "Scope" tab in Vivado.

I thought it might have to do with the fact that I have a mix of SystemVerilog-VHDL in my design, however I placed the instance on the top-level of the hierarchy and still nothing.. everything else is there, but the bram that should be instantiated with the unimacro is not...

Is this just me? Is this a known-issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unimacros not showing up in simulation?

Jump to solution

hi @arquer

Check similar issue. Hope this helps:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/bram-tdp-marco-missing-when-instantiated-in-Vivado/td-p/511083

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Hey @arquer,

Are you sure that the BRAM didn't just get removed (optimized away) by the tools?

You might want to place a DONT_TOUCH on it or at least a MARK_DEBUG on relevant networks.

Best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I am sure that is not the case because I actually see the signals comming from the BRAM changing...

Full disclousure:

1. The BRAM is inside a generate loop

2. The BRAM is instantiated in Verilog but upper levels of the hierarchy are VHDL

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi @arquer

Check similar issue. Hope this helps:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/bram-tdp-marco-missing-when-instantiated-in-Vivado/td-p/511083

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks @thakurr

using the "--debug all" option during elaboration solved the issue. I have to say simulation is much slower now though, but I guess everything comes at a price..

0 Kudos