Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Using Aurora 64B66B with third party simulator

Jump to solution

I'm relatively new to Aurora and how it works but I need to use it in part of a test bench for another in house IP to test if it works. How can I go about compiling and elaborating the Aurora files outside of Vivado (using VCS L-2016.06-SP2) with my own files included? I've been able to run it fine by itself within Vivado using VCS but I can't work out how to get it simulating with my own files included.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have managed to get it to work under Questa. You have to run under Tools>Create and Package New IP to package the aurora_64b66b IP. This will create simulation scripts that you can borrow from to create the scripts for your project. After running the packager look under vivado/project_name/project_name.ip_user_files/sim_scripts/aurora_64b66b_xxxx/simulator_of_your_choice.

Paste into your scripts the lines from the appropriate script files changing the root paths as required.

Regards, Ray Haynes, Ostendo Technologies, Inc. Carlsbad, CA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have managed to get it to work under Questa. You have to run under Tools>Create and Package New IP to package the aurora_64b66b IP. This will create simulation scripts that you can borrow from to create the scripts for your project. After running the packager look under vivado/project_name/project_name.ip_user_files/sim_scripts/aurora_64b66b_xxxx/simulator_of_your_choice.

Paste into your scripts the lines from the appropriate script files changing the root paths as required.

Regards, Ray Haynes, Ostendo Technologies, Inc. Carlsbad, CA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Thanks! Didn't know this was an option to do within vivado
0 Kudos