UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jackwadden
Visitor

VIVADO simulation Fatal Error when simulating large datasets

Hi Forum,

I have a simulation where I load a large dataset into a verilog memory array (i.e. reg [n:0] memory_array [0:m]) where n is >200,000. I do not need to log this data, I'm just using it to simulate a RAM. When I simulate with a smaller n, simulation finishes normally. However, when n gets large, Vivado's memory usage climbs to around 59GB and then I see the following error:

FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate.

I'm simulating on a machine that has 96GB of RAM, so I'm fairly certain this issue is with Vivado/xsim itself.

Is there some maximum amount of data I can store in a verilog array? Should I split the array up innto different variables? Worst-case scenario I can batch load small regions of the memory space, but I would rather keep my original simulation methodology.

Any ideas?

-Jack

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor jackwadden
Visitor

Re: VIVADO simulation Fatal Error when simulating large datasets

This is the version of Vivado I'm using: Vivado v2018.2_AR71275_op (64-bit)

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: VIVADO simulation Fatal Error when simulating large datasets

If you still see the fatal error using 2018.3, please provide a test case and we can file a CR to have it improved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos